Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Friends to Lovers Forever, Lovers to Friends Never."

It started out with a simple hello
And you asked would you go to the dance
With a fellow
Like me

Looked around as I got butterflies
Stomach twist and twirled
How could this happen to a girl
Like me

It didn't begin with a once upon a time
It just began when two hearts were in twine
I thought of you, and you thought of me
With you my heart felt free
And with no idea of the future
We just held on to life
And flew away...

We were higher than the heavens above
And though neither of us called it love
We both knew inside

But as time moved on
I couldn't help but drown
We became lost and never found

All of the memories
I'll lock them with a key
Because even if the people change
At least the good times will stay the same

We were higher than the heavens above
And though neither of us called it love
We both knew inside

And I can't help but look back
To realize the simple fact
That we will never be the same

I hope you don't regret
The times you held my hand
But the clock is ticking
And I can't keep on wishing
That some day we might have a happy end.

2 comments: