Sunday, March 25, 2012

The End

Slowly my heart breaks
My body trembles
As your voice comes through the phone
It's been a while

I can't believe it's over
I watched the whole thing fall
There is just one thing the same
In my heart you will remain

Our eyes have wondered
We have gotten lost
But underneath the surface
Lies a powerful force: Love

And yes, it's real
And yes, it's special
To just you and me
It's ours

No other hand,
Not other heartbeat,
No other lips
Will feel the same

The loneliness encircles me
I have lost my best friend
My memory is all that remains
Of our beautiful yesterday

The rain pours outside
But my window stays open
I pray that one day
You'll come rushing through

Maybe someday
Fate will change its mind
And we will be together
You are worth it to me

...You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment