Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beautiful Memories, Uncertain Present, Hopeful Future

When I see you, all I want to do is burst out in tears
Why can't we just go back to how we were?
You've built up these walls of insincerity, and you won't let me in
I try to stop thinking about it, but it's virtually impossible

I can't erase all the beautiful memories we had

Your eyes -- the way you looked at me; the way we laughed
Every moment with you was magic; something new and exciting

You got to me and when we were together my heart would melt
The care, the encouragement, the friendship, the spark
And now I just get to look back

Thinking only about the enchanting moments

The present is uncertain
Sometimes you smile, wave, or even speak
What do I do then?
What do I think?
Even though I've accepted that it's over
That notice in the hall can make or break my day
I wish I could tell you how I felt,
How I feel now
Wondering if you'd even care
Was this beautiful past a blessing, or simply a curse?


The questions filled my mind
As I dreamt of a hopeful future
Would you ever change?
Were things ever really real?
And the thoughts keep me waiting
Keep me wanting
I lie in bed and cry
Wishing you'd come back
I was lucky, I really was, to have had you then
Too bad it's all disappeared

I wish you would of held on tighter
I wish you would of cared more
But what used to be is done
And the could haves, the would haves keep me holding on
If I could just have one more day

I never wanted this chapter to end,
But someone better will come along
Someone who won't make me hurt
Won't make me cry
Won't make me feel unsure

I think of you more than you can imagine
But I need to be done
If you come back,
I might be here

You will always have a place in my heart
But that void I now have
Will be filled with better things
Hope, Life, Love

The beautiful memories are irreplaceable
The uncertain present is almost over
And the hopeful future is for more than just you
But for a love that lasts,
A love that makes me feel wonderful,
More so than I had with you
More so than I can ever imagine

7 comments:

  1. taylor,

    you are amazing. an amazing writer, an amazing friend. you didnt deserve any of this. but you could think about it this way, "Heartbreak is a blessing from God. It's just His way of letting you realize He saved you from the wrong one." <3 i love you so much. and the one who is worth your tears wont make you cry. just remember that. he is out there somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mags, I love you! Thanks for always being there for me. YOU are the awesome friend! And those quotes are awesome and I will remember them always <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't even know... that was amazing, that should be a song! I am speechless. Taylor, you are such an amazing girl, don't let this bring you down. Some quote that i found on my ipod said "She'll chase you around for a long time but eventually she'll stop and walk away, when that happens, you're going to wish you would've caught her" That's about you T, I'm sure he cares, he just might not know it right now.. I love you T, I'm sorry I can't help more. You're so beautiful! Listen to Mags too, she knows what shes talking about, we're here if you need it<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Olivia, this comment means a lot! I love both you and Maggie for helping me and supporting me through all of this! You both are blessings from God! I agree about the song thing (: My mom said I should subscribe it or something..I was thinking Taylor Swift!! Sound good? (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done. This sort of writing is powerful, and daring of you to put out there for others to read. From the responses you can tell that people can identify with the feelings, or thoughts that you convey here. I also think this sort of writing really serves to help the author process events, and in that way, heal from the pain. Thanks for sharing this intimate expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr.Johnson,
    It makes me smile to know that you go on my blog and because I love to hear from you and get your feedback on my writing - I miss you! This poem is definitely the most emotional piece I have ever written and it, without a doubt, helped the "author" heal from the pain. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taylor I never knew you were such a good writer and I wanted you to know that I do care.:) That is why I think we should take it slow and just be friends for awhile only because I think that we could be somthing :) I feel where you coming at with this poem and it is beautiful.... :) Joe

    ReplyDelete